As we know eLearning is a fast-growing medium of imparting training in the corporate sector, it is steadily taking room of classroom type training. It is an extensively used mode of imparting convenience training considering the learners’ expediency of learning.
As per a study by eLearning magazine in 2012, about 50% training hours are arranged for eLearning, blended, online and virtual modes of training. Well, more accolades to eLearning since Custom eLearning courses consume 90% less energy on an average compared to classroom training.
Today companies imparting online trainings have increased leaps and bounds because it is cost effective and time saving as well. eLearning design courses are designed in a way that employees can take advantage from anywhere and at their convenience.
Even more, eLearning add value to the organization and employees in their career sphere, enables them to be up-to-date in terms of changing trends with fewer efforts at their end. Ultimately improves organizational performance capabilities and productivity.
So, how would you create an engaging course for your learners that captivate them? Well the answer is right in front of you
There are 5 critical points that need to be considered
- Understand your audience –It is invariably important for you to first understand who your learners are what their needs are and accordingly design a tailor made online course meeting their need requirements.
- Formulate a winning strategy – Well the catch in designing a winning strategy is to align the most appropriate instructional technique with the content. Once that is done effectively, you can easily hook learners and get them through dull modules that obviously are essential aspect of learning.
- Maintain a proper balance –To create an effective and engaging online course, you need to make sure you have the right balance of all the media elements from audios, videos, text and animations. When everything is in the right proportion, things are bound to fall in place.
- State your objectives clearly – Make sure that the learning objectives you defined are well aligned with the outcomes that the organization expects its employees to present after the training. Learning objectives stems from learning outcomes.
- Effective motivation- Learning is all about keeping your learner motivated. When you encourage your learner by applauding them it gives them an enthusiasm to outperform and give their best. Do not engage in criticisms; rather, provide positive feedback that keep them motivated.